Today, the New York State Chili Cookoff is being held at BU. (As I type, I am pretty sure that they are beginning to announce winners......that'll be an addendum to this post). Dave, along with his colleagues and friends, Ben, Pat, and Greg, entered the cookoff as the 'Cellar Dwellers' and have made two chilis to enter for judging. New York State requires that the official chili you enter for consideration be an authentic 'Texas Red' which means you are only allowed to have sauce and chunks of meat (no beans, onion, veggies, etc), which Dave cooked upon his arrival. The second chili that you can prepare is for the People's Choice award, and can contain anything in it you wish; Greg crafted this chili. I took the kids once the sampling had begun around 11 am and tasted both of these chilis, and I must say that they were both delicious, spicy, and true winners. I am hoping for good news very soon. The kids and I also made each of the men their own likenesses that they instantly pinned onto their shirts. What a great team!!
Greg considers how anyone could not love his cinnamon and chocolate infused chili
1 comment:
I am so glad they did this. They all enjoy cooking and one another's company. Plus, it looks like it was a fabulous day weather-wise. A winning combination. I heard that they wuz robbed, though, when it came to the voting. Boooooo! wlm
Post a Comment