Monday, December 7, 2009

Goodbye to Miss Kitty

Today we had to say goodbye to our sweet kitty of 16 1/2 years, Blaise. She had been sick for quite a while with kidney failure. In the week since Thanksgiving, she took a significant turn for the worse in behaviour, grooming, eating, and Dave and I realized that this was the time to let her go. The children all said goodbye to her, I gave her a last scritch on the head and a big squeeze, then Dave had the unfortunate task of taking her into the vet. Our vet was out of town on an emergency, but the attending vet, according to Dave, was very loving and reassured us that we were doing the right thing, given her history and her current condition. We will all miss her so much. Granny is now taking care of Trooper and Blaise for us. Can you tell which child loved to be with Miss Kitty the most????


3 comments:

Tim said...

Sorry about this Lin. Hang in there!

Cathy said...

So sorry, Lin.

Wendy Martinek said...

It was sad to say goodbye to Blaise but so obviously the right time. I feel lucky that I was visiting that weekend and so was able to say goodbye to her in person.