Saturday, December 26, 2009

Dave and his grill

For the past several months, Dave has been grilling out on what I have lovingly referred to as 'the pit of hell'. Our grill of 10+ years has now all but disintegrated into basically a giant pit, where the gas no longer comes out neatly from the little holes, but rather 3 foot tall flames shoot up, at ignition and basically at all times during grilling. Worried that Dave might singe all the hair off his head and face, or that I might face widowhood at a young age, I decided that Dave needed something better. But, let me point out to all of you that buying a grill in the north, which is out of season, is a difficult task. I have two long stories of how I found this grill for Dave, but I think I would run out of Blogger space if I had to pen them.

Dave in a series of shots opening his new grill. He said he didn't know what was in the big box, but I think he is telling a lie!!!!



2 comments:

Mr. Trippe said...

Assemblage of said grill will take the remainder of winter season. However, once it's done, I'm sure I will enjoy it.

Molly Ariotti said...

I liked the thought of Dave doing battle against the death trap of yesteryear. Well, here's to singed eyebrows :)