I planned (as a super room mom does) a wonderful party for Potter's class on Wednesday afternoon. Well, Mr. Williams, Potter's teacher, might have helped too! They have been reading the story 'The Family Under the Bridge' by Natalie Carlson, and it is about a non-traditional French family living in Paris. Mr. Williams then makes crepes for the children to have at the party. It was so fantastic!! There were tons of toppings and the kids enjoyed watching Mr. Williams, and another teacher Mrs. G (her name is waaayyy too long to type out, although now I have typed more than her name is long) flipping out tons of crepes. There were also tons of cookies, cupcakes, chocolate covered pretzels, a veggie tray (me trying to get in some healthy stuff), and another student brought in fruit (she is of a like mind with me!!). The kids ended up taking a lot of stuff home in baggies, it was just too much to eat. They also watched part of the Polar Express, made bead decorations and ornaments from craft supplies I had brought along with me, and then generally got to hang out. Mr. Williams opened some very thoughtful gifts from the kids right before dismissal. It is such a great group of children, they are so appreciative, I cannot wait to get back there once the break is over and work with them again!
Mr. Williams wielding his ladle for the crepe batter
Kids working on their bead projects
1 comment:
I APPROVE!!!
Post a Comment