We arrived midday at our mountain rental. The private road to get to the house is 1.5 miles, and with all the twists and turns, we didn't think we'd get there. Then, the driveway is about a 60 degree descent. Must make sure to have good brakes before going (and I would not take a stick shift car under any circumstances!!!) After we toured the house with our jaws hanging open, the kids decided that they wanted to take advantage of one of the best features of the property: a mountain stream with waterfalls!!! It was a sunny, but cool day, but that really didn't deter them. After the initial shock of the water temperature, they were fine. I mean, seriously, they spend a week in Maine water every summer, they are immune!! Other cool features of the house include two ginormous decks, an outside firepit, a spiral staircase to get up to the loft, the loft, a huge garden tub with jets and bubbles, and a laundry chute. I am sure I'll come up with other things, but for now, those are the highlights!
Caleb and Molly climbing the rocks to get to the big waterfall around the bend
All kids on the way to the top of the waterfall


The back of the house, looking at it from down at the creek
1 comment:
That is truly an awesome fire pit.
Post a Comment