Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Ice Castle

Yet another reason why I love the preschool our kids attend. Every winter, they ask all the families to start freezing water in 1/2 gallon cardboard cartons, either colored or clear, so that when the temperature is cold enough for them to stay frozen, but warm enough for them (the kids) to be outside, they construct a huge ice castle on the playground! As you can tell, I didn't get a shot of my own child doing the building with the ice blocks, but she entertained herself and a friend on the sled. This is so cool that one year they had USA Today there taking pictures and then were written up in an article!!! Maybe if the one this year gets large enough, we can at least be in the local paper.




1 comment:

Wendy Martinek said...

What a cool activity. I'm jealous that I was not there so Molly could give ME a ride on the sled. (Or, maybe, I would have to give her a ride since I don't think she could move the sled with me on it!)