Molly went to her friend Annie's 6th birthday party on Sunday afternoon. It was a Candyland theme, and yes, we came home with LOTS of candy!! First, the kids did a cupcake craft, which was super clever. Glue a huge pom pom into a cupcake liner, then use little adhesive hearts for the sprinkles and use a small tube of glitter glue for frosting. Next, there was a reading of the story of Candyland (I had no idea there was a story behind the game) and there were stations of different candies that corresponded to the story. Each child got a piece of that candy from each station for goody bag #1. After that, the kids settled down for the main feature which was the movie 'Annie' (oops, I guess I forgot to mention that the party was a the local cinema!!) and the kids chowed down on bags of popcorn while watching Annie and Daddy Warbucks become fast friends. Then it was time for cake and presents!! The cake was amazing, a replica of the Candyland game. There was a little candy on their as you can tell!! Present opening went as it does at all kids parties with the kid who is giving the present 'helping' Annie open it. She didn't seem to mind, was much more interested in reading her cards aloud! As we were leaving, we were given goody bag #2, thankfully filled with pencils, straws, notepads, and only a few candy pieces. What a fun party!!!!
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a fun looking party! What a great idea Cathy had. I used to love Candyland when I was a kid.
Post a Comment