I had the dough made by 8 am this morning (very easy to do, took like 10-15 minutes) then you have to let it rise for 3 hours (!) or until doubled in bulk. Did not photo the dough, as it pretty much looked like the baguette dough I made yesterday. Then you roll it out into a rope and cut it into about 12 pieces, roll them into balls (first picture), then roll them out into about 6 inches in diameter (I measure the first one to make sure I wasn't rolling them too thin, but I am a little anal too) and then you follow the baking directions. Magically, they do puff up and look like the ones in the grocery. I will have 12 full pitas, makes 24 sandwiches or I guess I could bake them again and make pita chips. Again, much cheaper than buying pita bread if you enjoy that sort of thing.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am very impressed with the pita bread baking. (Actually, I am very impressed with all of the baking.)
I want to do this! We LOVE pita bread!!!!!!!
Post a Comment