Sunday, September 13, 2009

Crafting weekend

Starting last Thursday, I really had the itch to do some crafts. I have really not been doing much crafting lately, as we have been busy with out of town trips, getting ready for back to school, and life in general (which seems to go by at the speed of light). Here is a smattering of what I have been up to the last few days.

From Noisebot.com - I hijacked their idea from a shirt and put it on a bag. Math geek!!

Made one of these for Wendy, this one is for her sister.


Testing out a new stencil that I bought months ago. Need a lighter color t-shirt.

Wood frames from ACM for $1 that I painted myself. Then I used some embellishments that I had laying around and also some pretty scrapbook papers. I think you could leave this as a decoration in itself, or you could print out a photo and attach it on, so that the paper works as a mat.

Yet another of my votive candle holders that I have created.

A learning tool I made for Caleb (and Molly) that is for small motor skills and counting. There are beads in each hole and the idea is for him to count them out and put the appropriate number in each one. Molly can use this to do simple addition problems. I have not gotten that far yet in making her some flash cards.

Our weather felt board. Today was sort of sunny, so they put on the blue sky and sun. We also have, in front of the board, snowflakes, a dark sky with lightening, gray clouds and raindrops, and long blue strips that are used for when it is windy. Can you think of anything else? I think we should add some landscaping, but that again is another day.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I love all your crafts!!! You could totally create your own Christmas gifts! FUN!!! I like the weather board, very teacher of you! You could add activities that go with that type of weather. Build a felt snowman when it's snowing for example.