Sunday, April 13, 2008

Saying goodbye to our friend, Sparkle

This afternoon, we said goodbye to our pet hermit crab Sparkle, who died last weekend after not surviving through his molting phase. Potter decided that Sparkle would be happy in a garden, surrounded by the bee balm, where we could visit him. Using Great Granddad's World War I fox hole shovel (for which we are grateful to Granddad for giving us recently), Potter dug a grave for Sparkle, had a small ceremony, and placed him at rest. We will miss Sparkle who was a very active and happy crab!!



Potter digs Sparkle's grave with Great-Granddad's WWI shovel.

Potter placing Sparkle in his grave.



Prayer time for Sparkle.


Potter wrapping Sparkle up. (A bit out of order)



Sparkle's marker in the garden of bee balm.

2 comments:

Wendy Martinek said...

I can attest that Sparkle was a really neat crab. I had many opportunities to see him in person and always left my encounters with him with a smile on my face. He will be missed when I visit the Clark household.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.