Sunday, October 16, 2011

Apple picking

Spur of the moment, it ended up being a gorgeous sunny Sunday afternoon, we high tailed it out to Green Brothers for some apple picking.  With all the water (rain, rain, rain) this fall, we might not make it back out before apple season is kaput, so this was dire!!!  The view from up there is fabulous, high up in elevation for a perfect view of the valley.  We wasted no time in picking and also eating some while we are there.  Still wondering why they don't weigh you on the way in and on the way out.  

Kiddos and Dave

Blemish free apples

Molly and Caleb can pick the lower apples that others miss!!

One happy guy, with 40 pounds of apples to carry

Eating with one hand, picking with the other.  The apple (ha ha) doesn't fall far from the tree :)

Each fall, the kids make their own unique batch of applesauce with Dave.  They each come up with one secret ingredient they want to add, and almost always, their choices are delectable!  After all the cooking was done, I (the artsy one) made sampler plates for each of the kids to try.  Notice the huge difference in colors, they all used the same variety of apple.  I love it!!!!

My contribution - the apple pie!!!  I wish that either the Google people or the Apple folks would invent smell-o-vision.

1 comment:

Wendy Martinek said...

I love that Dave makes applesauce with the kids. He is truly making lifetime memories for them. What a great dad.