Saturday, September 10, 2011

Inaugural wharf jumping!!!

This was the year that not one, not two, but all three of my kids jumped off the wharf for the first time!!!  You must go at high tide, so as not to land in 2 feet of water and break your neck.  At high tide, you jump about 4 feet down into about 60 degree water.  Truly, it is a right of passage.  Never could get the kids to do this before, so I was stunned that they all ended up trying it out.  Molly is an ok swimmer, but I felt much better with her wearing a life jacket.  

Gracie, Molly and Alex, pre-jump

Alex, Gracie and Molly post jump, they look a little bluer!!

Freezing cold girls!!!

Mid jump

Scrambling out as quickly as they possibly can!!!

1 comment:

Wendy Martinek said...

What is the appeal? What, I ask you?!?