Friday, July 15, 2011

Vacation - Part I - Oak Island

Oak Island, NC. What a fabulous place to vacation, especially with a great group of friends!! The last week of June we all arrived at our rental house for 7 days of eating, drinking, swimming, surfing, laughing, talking, playing and general mayhem! With 6 adults and 8 children, suffice to say that there was ALWAYS something fun happening! I was pretty slack the first couple of days and didn't take any photos of note. One afternoon, though, we decided to take all the kids to the pier that is only a very short walk from our house. There was not one day of clouds or rain, no bad weather or water advisories. It was just as we remembered from our summer in 2009 - TERRIFIC!!


Tim, Bill and I take all the kiddos to the pier

The lighthouse, taken from the pier

Our house, taken from the pier - brown one in the middle

We lucked out and saw a huge loggerhead turtle in the water, right under us at the pier

Molly and Fie became BFFs on this trip - like their hair dos?

Most of the kids hanging off the pier - I don't think anyone fell

Caleb, Potter and Molly - it was quite bright out and Molly couldn't keep her eyes open

Walkin' along with the waves

Another squinty shot of my girl!!!

1 comment:

Wendy Martinek said...

Love, love, love the turtle!