Sunday, March 6, 2011

GO. AWAY. WINTER.

Ok. I could see all of the grass in my front yard, save a couple of big piles by the driveway. There was no more ice. Until today. We are now under a winter weather advisory and supposedly getting another 8 - 12 inches total by in the morning. We are out of snow days. It is enough to make me drink. I had found this cute idea for art on a blog I follow and today was the day to implement!!

Each of the kids (and me!) made a cherry blossom picture. We used a variety of media and I was so impressed with how different they all turned out, despite us doing the same project.

Bird's eye view of everyone's pictures in progress
Potter takes time with his tree
Caleb, total master of the glue and the tissue paper
Molly (and Crash) work on branches
Our finished projects!!!
Top: Molly (left), Potter (right)
Bottom: Lin (left), Caleb (right)
These are so awesome!!!

1 comment:

Wendy Martinek said...

Those are some mighty fine cherry blossom pictures. What a nice way to be cherry-ied up from the winter blahs.