Monday, March 7, 2011

It came just the same......

I wish I were talking about Christmas, my line taken from 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas', but I am not. That wicked winter storm came yesterday with full fury, and they weren't lying about our storm totals either. In 20 hours, we tallied 16 inches of snow at our house. Bummer!! This would have been a wonderful snow if it had come during the holidays, all white and pretty for Christmas. But it is March. Not fun, we are all tired of winter. Sigh.

The backyard, before the kids trample it up

The branches from the trees in the backyard are usually so high up you can't reach them without standing on the picnic table (which you can hardly see). Now, they are best friends with the ground. Notice that Crash is having a blast. He doesn't seem to care about what season the snow falls.

From the front door. Our driveway is under there somewhere.
This was the measurement on the driveway this morning. Luckily, Dave had shoveled 4-5 inches last night. And thank goodness our next door neighbor always helps do the sidewalk and apron of the driveway.


Dave made a pathway to get to the sidewalk.
Caleb atop a pile of snow that is taller than he is.

In the backyard, my same sad, droopy looking trees, but notice the slide??

Crash always wants more!

Before I went up to the deck, a view of the stairs. I had to walk around the side of the house, through snow up to my knees, to get to the deck. There was (not pictured) another 11 inches of snow on the deck and I could not open the back door to get out. In all, I think we spent 2 hours shoveling around our house. This better be the end of winter.

1 comment:

Wendy Martinek said...

That was such a mean snowstorm. I had just told LL two days before that it was unlikely we would get another massive storm this season. Way to make a liar out of me, Mother Nature!