I made the pastry for my next mtaofc recipe on Wednesday afternoon and then let it sit in the fridge for the requisite overnight stay. Last night, I rolled out the dough and got it in the springform pan to do the partially cooked shell. The rolling out of the pastry was not hard at all and I dutifully wrapped the dough over the edges of the top of the pan, placed it in the over, set the timer for 7 minutes and went on my way. Thankfully, I went to look on its progress after about 3 minutes to find that the edges of the pastry had slid down into a huge mass onto the bottom of the pan. UGH!!! I yanked it out of the oven and the had to roll out what little remaining dough I had and then I REALLY REALLY rolled the dough over the top edges to avoid the same catastrophe. It came out looking close to how it should. Later, I mixed up the eggs, cream cheese, roquefort, butter, and cream into a smooth, silky filling. I baked it until it was golden brown and I have to say the taste was out of this world. This coming from a girl who really isn't into blue cheeses that much. Next is the bacon and cheese quiche.........at some point when our arteries have recovered from the richness of this quiche!!!
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Impressive. I'm still skeptical about the bleu cheese but ...
Post a Comment