Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Arlington National Cemetery
Arlington National Cemetery is impressive for its size and the sheer number of people that have served the nation who are buried there. Since we went on Memorial Day, we weren't realizing that the President would be coming to make his address at the Tomb of the Unknown, so unfortunately, we weren't allowed (by the Secret Service) to walk much of anywhere on the grounds; fortunately though, we ended up with a front row seat as the Presidential motorcade passed by, with the President on our side, waving to us. Regardless of how you feel about the President and his policies, it is cool to see a sitting president in person! I did take a video of his motorcade entering the cemetery, but it is quite lengthy and you can't see the President, just the limo that he is riding in. I opted not to post that, just the pictures I got that represent why we have the freedoms that we do.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment