Sunday, May 27, 2012

Gardening

All plants have been in the ground (or pots) for two weeks.  These are the before pictures, taken today, to document their growth.  I've never done this before, so I am proud of myself for remembering!

The front of the house, built in bed with impatiens, three pots with impatiens.

Between the front door and the garage, planter full of pansies, small pot with marigolds.

Next to the driveway, the beautiful slate rock raised garden Dave built me many years ago.  Two large cone flowers, many marigolds and pansies.  Yellow marigold pot, back left, pansy pot front right.

Zen garden rocks.

Rose bush by the front door on the left.  It has hundreds of flowers blooming right now.  (The burning bush directly behind it is where Mrs. Robin is anxiously awaiting the birth of her babies)

Garden on the west end of the house, soon to be alive with black eyed susans, day lilies, bee balm, and perhaps my peony will bloom this year.

Potter's seeds we planted only a few days ago, soon to be sunflowers!!!

Roses from the front yard, in Granny's cranberry glass vase.  This would make her happy to see!!

1 comment:

Wendy Martinek said...

Lovely flowers. But did you know I HATE peonies? Actually, I hate the ants they attract.