Friday, November 18, 2011

Final wiring then drywall!!!

Now we move on to the last part of the walls before plastering begins!!!  We are getting rid of our traditional door in favor of a pocket door - this will make the bathroom seem larger and give us more wall space.  As a result, they had to screw the framing for the new door into the wall.  Out in the hallway, this is what it looked like....

I told they kids that Kurt and Carl got mad and used a gun to shoot the walls, leaving bullet holes.  Caleb stood slack jawed, so I had to quickly make sure he understood it was a JOKE!!!


This is the inside of the bathroom, where the metal framing is for the door.  I am very excited about this feature!!!

The other biggie that happened this day was that the base for the shower went in!!!  Yay!!  This was the first time that I had seen a really big piece of the pattern I chose, and I LOVE LOVE it!!!  The shower walls and the countertop/sink will be the same as well.  It is going to look smashing!

This is the wall where the new vanity is going to be, along with the new medicine cabinet.  We have tons of switches and outlets now.  I never thought I would be this excited about wiring.


Next day.....

Drywall!!!  Now it actually starts looking like a room again - here is the hole for the medicine cabinet.

Walls near the shower.....

The ceiling where the heater/light/fan/exhaust is located (see my other 2 can lights??)

The entire wall is drywalled!!!!!

Yippee, more drywall!!!


Drywall all in the toilet alcove!!!  (I am too excited, can you tell??)

1 comment:

Wendy Martinek said...

I cannot get over how different the bathroom looks. Quite interesting to see the project in process.