This is me at Wendy's apartment holding her cat Claire. At first glance, this may not seem unusual, but let me assure you it is MOST unusual. Claire used to weigh around 25 pounds, and has now slimmed down to about 17 pounds. (Just for a point of reference, our kitty, Blaise, weighs about 8 1/2 pounds, about what Claire has lost) She has always had a bad disposition and not really been friendly towards anyone except Wendy. The kids have always wanted to pet her, have her sit on their laps, etc, but we can't even really get within a 3 foot radius of her without the hissing starting. When we went down in January for the inauguration, I developed a sort of relationship with Claire where she would come and rub on my leg and then lay by me on the floor. This trip a couple weekends ago, I was determined to make Claire like me and not be afraid of her anymore. SO, one night I decided to brave it and pick her up and she just was content, crossed her paws in front of her, so I screamed at Wendy to get the camera and take a picture of this, it'll never happen again. As it turns out, I think that Claire misses me, because I would play with her mouse laser beam and she would chase it around (well, she would at least move one paw towards it) and I know that was special time she and I had.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Claire misses Lin terribly. Claire seems to be less than thrilled with me in comparison.
Post a Comment