Saturday, October 18, 2008

Waiting for and feeding the geese

When we got to Grippen, the geese were way, way, way down the river.  Once they saw the group of us hanging around on the riverbank, they figured out we had the goods they wanted and they headed down to us.  Caleb got very excited when he saw the 50+ geese coming towards us.  They had all been throwing rocks in the river, but I helped them realize that geese don't like being pelted while they are eating, it is bad for their digestion.   All of the kids had a good time socializing with the geese.  Grandpa even got a couple of the geese to eat the bread out of his hand, as did I.  This is such a nice outing.  And I don't think the geese had been fed for a while, as they scarfed down everything that we brought in record time.







No comments: