Sunday, August 17, 2008

unlimited paper supply

I have finally solved the problem of having enough paper for the kids and their art projects.  A woman at the Family Resource Center, where I take Molly and Caleb to play once a week, turned me on to the fact that many printing companies will give away their end rolls of paper.  She was right!!  I went on Friday to a local printing company who gave me two end rolls of paper.  Now end rolls may not sound like that much, but this is enough to last us probably through the winter!!  And if not, they just give it away if you come to pick it up.  What a cool deal!!  I offered to pay them something, but they refused!!  Wow!!  So the first thing we did was to cut off huge sheets for each kid so that I could trace themselves and then they could provide the decoration.  It was such fun to see them.  In case you can't tell, Potter positioned himself so that it appears that he is jumping.  Caleb and Molly were just laying still, flat (well, Caleb wasn't so still) so that I could trace them.  They spent quite a long time coloring and adding embellishments to themselves.  I can see many hours of fun with these rolls of paper.   Check into it if your kids love art as much as ours!!!!






No comments: